Saturday, July 18, 2009

For some reason I am not in my usual playful mood today. Maybe it's all the rain, maybe something else. Maybe it's because I feel like I'm getting old...and I'm letting time slip by me instead of making the most out of it...In any case I am once again sunk into my emo mood where I seem to be musing about various things about life.

My sister gave birth to her second child, a son, recently. Oh how the world of my family lit up. Suddenly rooms seem to be noisier, dinners more alive, smiles more easy to make.

My dad once said of this, "That's just how life is. People are born, grow up, get married, and have children. Then they get old, and their children grow up and have their own children, and so on. That was how it was with my parents and my parents' parents, and how it will be for me and you." How simple yet complex.

Maybe that is why the party business is so seductive. We deal with people who perhaps are at the happiest point of their lives - celebrating the new life they've created. We are in the business of balloons and happiness and babies. It's ironic though how I'm talking about happiness while being sad.

BW

1 comments:

Unknown said...


I appreciate all of the information that you have shared. Thank you for the hard work! - birthday party businesses